PSV License for PICKnGO Drivers
What is PSV?
PSV is a short form of Public Service Vehicle. This license is compulsory if you are Lesen ini adalah wajib jika anda mengambil penumpang atau barangan yang berbayar atau lebih mudah dikenali sebagai Lesen Teksi, Lesen Bas.
1. What exactly is a PSV licence?
A PSV licence — a type of vocational driving licence — allows the holder to drive any type of vehicle used to transport paying passengers, such as taxis.
2. What must I do to get a PSV licence?
PicknGo is working closely with relevant parties to smoothen the process of getting the PSV license. Based on JPJ requirements, to obtain a PSV licence, an e-hailing driver-partner needs to complete the following steps:
(a) Pass the medical check up required in section F of the JPJ L8A form All driver-partners need to pass a medical check up at any of the clinics. The average cost of this medical check is RM40 (check ups at private clinics may be more costly). Please ensure the doctor completes Part I, II & III of Section F in the JPJ L8A form during the examination.
Kindly note that based on the current requirements of the JPJ L8A form, if you have one of the following medical conditions, you will not be able to qualify for the PSV:
- Cataracts, monocular vision or any condition that may cause impaired vision
- Colour blindness
- Any form of seizures or spasms
- Dizzy spells or dizziness
- Stroke (with ‘residual” disabilities)
- Diabetic and on insulin treatment
- Mental illness
- Abuse of alcohol in the last 5 years
- Abuse of drugs in the last 5 years
- Physical disabilities which include limited movements of joints, disabled limbs or amputation of the limbs
- Deaf (please refer to ‘OKU driver-partners’ section for more information)
- Chronic kidney disease
(b) Attend training All driver-partners need to fulfill a 6-hour training course and 1-hour written exam with 60 questions. Written exams will be conducted only twice a week. Driver-partners will need to answer 80% of the questions correctly to pass. The cost of this training is RM200.
However, from 3 June till 11 October, selected driver-partners will be able to complete the training online via GrabAcademy. The priority would be given to driver-partners who have their medical check-up done and PUSPAKOM inspection (if necessary). You will still need to sit for and pass the written exam.
Please note that you have to clear your summons before your training.
(c) Register at JPJ
Once you pass both the medical check and PSV exam, each driver-partner needs to register at any JPJ office. The documents needed for registration include:
- Original or copy of MyKad
- Original or copy of Driving Licence (CDL)
- JPJL8A Form (Registration and Medical Form)
- JPJL2C Certificate (Training Certificate)
- JPJL12 Certificate (PSV Exam Certificate)
- 1 x colour photo (against a white background) with dimensions of 25 mm x 32 mm
3. How much does a PSV licence cost?
The average cost for a PSV licence is RM220. This is inclusive of the required 6-hour training (RM200) and registration (RM20).
4. As an existing taxi driver, will I still need to apply for another e-hailing PSV licence?
No, as an existing taxi driver, you may use your existing PSV licence for e-hailing.
5. Can I use my PSV licence in different cities?
For e-hailing driver-partners, you may drive in multi-cities with your PSV licence. Taxi drivers are subject to existing rules surrounding areas of operation.
6. With the PSV licence, will I be able to access the taxi lane, get 50% on tolls, or wait at airport arrival lanes like taxi drivers?
An e-hailing driver-partner will not enjoy the same privileges and benefits as taxi drivers.
1. Is PICKnGO looking to conduct the training themselves?
Starting 3 June, we will be sending invitations to provide access to the PSV training modules online on GrabAcademy. This is only valid until 11 October 2019.
2. I have signed up for the PSV training at one of the driving centres. What should I do?
If you have signed up for training at the driving school before 31 May, please submit the receipt to us for full reimbursement*.
*Up to RM200
Note: Submit your PSV registration or training receipt by 31 May to get reimbursed fully. If you’ve signed up for the class from 1 June onwards, we will no longer reimburse the PSV training cost at driving schools as you will have the option of completing the training for free online.
3. Do I have to sit for the PSV exam?
Yes. Upon completion of the online PSV training, you will need to schedule and sit for PSV exam. Grab will assist with the process and send out more information soon.
E-Hailing Vehicle Permit
1. I just received my PSV. What do I need to do next to drive with PicknGo?
Driver-partners need to obtain an E-hailing Vehicle Permit (EVP). For that, you’ll need to submit your vehicle details (a picture of your car grant, car owner’s name, chassis number, vehicle type, seat capacity) to us here. PicknGo will apply to APAD for an EVP on behalf of our driver-partners.
Alternatively, bring a copy of your car grant to the PicknGo Driver Centre and we will assist you with your EVP application.
2. What is E-hailing Vehicle Permit (EVP)?
E-Hailing Operators (EHOs) are required to apply for EVP to onboard driver-partners on the platform. Each EVP costs RM110.
3. Do I need to obtain a new road tax/Lesen Kenderaan Motor (LKM)?
No, you do not need to renew your road tax.